Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Tornado Teddy

I've mentioned before that Alan's nickname for Tyrell is "Teddy". Well, Briana has refined that nickname (quite appropriately) to "Tornado Teddy."
Should an insurance adjuster come to inspect my house on any given day, I'm pretty sure we could file for some sort of payment under a "natural disaster" clause.

He gets into the shelf of Kindergarten and preschool stuff, pulling out books, laceups, Thomas trains and dot-to-dot books.
He pulls books off the shelves and videos out of the cupboards.
Yes, this is him realizing he is busted. What is his response? "Uh-oh"
I never have a hand towel on my oven door anymore. If I hang one up, he pulls it down, carries it approximately seven steps and drops it.
Evidence: blocks, books, hats, stacking cups, tractors, toy animals. Verdict: Tornado Teddy has been here.
Believe it or not, the kitchen floor had been clear just five minutes before this picture was taken. Now littering the floor: Kiana's pjs (clean, out of her drawer!), Easton's Bible, a book, and a grill fork (with tongs still covered, fortunately!). And yes, that's an EMPTY egg carton in his hands.
In case you didn't notice, this is all in one day--same shirt there.
I'm exhausted! I might be getting too old for this! :)

6 comments:

  1. Laughing so hard...we call Gabe and Rachel F4 and F5

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's just a phase...right? That's what I tell myself anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember these days! Loved reading this. (And his cornrows are SO cute!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kat--tee, hee, F4 and F5!! :)
    Corin--sigh, yes, we *will* survive!
    Laura--I think they are too! A person just has to laugh about it, right??! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. =D The name sounds great! I'm still mentally telling myself that it's perfectly ok to have a messy floor. It's a stage and season of life. I need to be ok with it. I do. I do. I do!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was tiring enough just looking at what Mr. Tornado can do...and then you pointed out it was all in ONE DAY! I don't think we should get our two youngest ones together unless we're really ready for the mess the two of them would make. Haha! Benjamin loves to get books from the bookshelves and also stay near me in the kitchen, emptying several drawers of utensils or the pots & pans cabinet. Ahhh, how I'll miss it one day.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. When you comment, you're speaking my love language!